The classic beef pie that we simply had to do ! Local beef and vegetables slow cooked in the original Guinness, wrapped in a short crust pastry. The carrots that we’ve added take some of the bitterness away, leaving you with the distinct Guinness flavour.
Ingredients : beef, carrots, onion, garlic, thym, beef stock, Guinness, butter, parmesan, salt, pepper, egg.
- Pre-heat your oven at 190° without the fan if you can avoid it
- Large Pies: Take the plastic off and place your pies on an oven grill in the middle of the oven.
- Check after 17-20 min, if pastry is nice and crispy, you’re good to go
- Mini Pies: Take off the aluminium foil and place in the oven
- Check after 10-12 min, if pastry is nice and crispy, you’re good to go
- Some ovens take longer, but it’s worth the wait!
If you are taking your pies out of the freezer place in the oven at 150° for about 40-45 minutes.